| Bug reporting
Tools/add-ons &c for SGE
This list needs expanding, and possibly contracting elsewhere
— suggestions welcome. These things aren't all necessarily
recommended, or even known to work. See also the HOWTO section.
- Maintains a database view of the reporting data. Distributed with
SGE releases. The ARCo web-based
console isn't supported.
Graphical Accounting Engine
- Web graphical display of accounting data.
- Another database/web system for accounting data.
- Replacement for UBMoD, but more complicated.
- Gold Allocation Manager
- Tracks resource usage and allows limiting use to given
allowances. Seems to have been purged apart from the web
v. 220.127.116.11 download available.
Requires grid engine integration — contributions wanted.
See also the old experimental version.
- could probably be used with SGE with a little work
- See the distribution of the companion Service Domain Manager
system and documentation.
Energy saving (power-up/down) systems
These could use evaluating, but really need support from SGE to do
a better job.
- Green scheduler
- SDM (Hedeby) "cloud" component
(Preferably just say No.)
sensor-based integration of external licence managers with
consumables (now free software);
- Juggling between clusters
- GE Web
- Web Application to check the status of jobs on a
Grid Engine Cluster.
interface to monitor jobs and queues.
- Display of qstat output via XSLT transformations; the original
author suggests PHPQstat instead.
- puts reporting into Ganglia; the SGE support needs tidying up.
- can be used in load sensors to
set an alarm load level in case of problems.
See also PTP.
- Grid Engine Portal
- The old code might be revived by porting away from the non-free
com.oreilly.servlet package and to a current free servlet engine;
- OGF HPC Basic
Profile/Basic Execution Service
- BES++, QCG-Computing,
(if you must use SOAP web services)
- Rapid Portal Development
- Rapid development of portal-based user interfaces for
- Asynchronous Job Operator
- A tool designed and developed to provide a transparent gateway
between a web application or service and an HPC system.
- Light component accepting commands to manage
jobs on different Local Resource Management Systems.
- Redmine/CWA - Cluster Web Access
- Redmine plugin for Cluster Access via the web.
- Maintaining Kerberos (or AFS) credentials
- The basic Kerberos security model doesn't fit at all well with
batch computing, and it's necessary to subvert it to some extent. See
in a workshop
which is now recommended but currently without an SGE integration recipe.
There is also an old system PSR intended for
managing AFS access under PBS which might be adaptable.
[You might be better off with MR-MPI and/or
PHISH for that
sort of thing on an HPC system.]
in the SGE distribution.
It builds against an old Hadoop distribution. On an HPC system,
you probably just want to use a normal parallel filesystem under
Hadoop anyway; there are free connectors for OrangeFS, GlusterFS,
and now Lustre.
Hadoop on Demand
SGE (may need updating).
- doesn't have an SGE port, but that's probably easy and worthwhile
for a more general framework.
- The Intel
- also doesn't have an SGE port.
Parallel Debugger Interfaces
See also PTP.
- Script interfacing
the padb parallel debugger
to work in terms of SGE jobs.
In case qmake isn't good enough to express dependencies:
- "Workflow interpreter and processor" in the distribution as an
example of DRMAA with Ruby.
the creation, execution and monitoring of a directed acyclic graph
(DAG) of commands (somewhat more general than qmake).
- nextflow has an SGE executor
- Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform
- Supposedly supports SGE, but needs fixing, particularly not to use showq.
- Perl DRMAA binding. Unfortunately the GPL licence isn't
compatible with the SISSL of the SGE DRMAA library.
- Alternative DRMAA bindings
has alternative bindings for Java and Ruby to the ones distributed with SGE. It
isn't known whether they work against the SGE C library.
- Go DRMAA binding
- Has the same GPL/SISSL licence issue as the Perl one.
- SGE library for
- Low-level Python interface to Sun Grid Engine
- Deploy SGE-based cluster on Amazon Web Services (actually needs porting to use SoGE)
- Chef cookbook
- System for visual effects work.