[GE users] Getgrgid on OSX

Roger Kylin rkylin at segmail.com
Fri Apr 2 17:10:02 BST 2004

I am running GridEngine 5.3 and trying to qsub from Mac OSX 10.3.3.  I
get an:

error: getgrgid(8227) failed: Interrupted system call
failed to getgrgid(8227): Interrupted system call

Error when I try to qsub.  From an old message, Andy Schwierskott (with
respect to Solaris)
Said:

The primary group id on a host executing a SGE command needs to be
resolvable. This is not the case in your environment.

You need to check your /etc/group and /etc/nsswitch.* files.

You might discover that "id" for users who have this problem only
display
the group id, not the group name.

However, NetInfo manager handles all of this in OSX.  How can I qsub
from OSX?

Thanks,

Roger

Dr. Roger D. Kylin