[GE users] Web Services and the Grid 40% discount

sara batley sara at unicom.co.uk
Wed Apr 7 14:45:05 BST 2004

WEB SERVICES AND THE GRID: CONVERGENCE TO UTILITY COMPUTING
24-25 May 2004, London
WWW.UNICOM.CO.UK/GRIDCOMPUTING

We have ten places available at a highly subsidised rate due to support from our sponsors, making the price for attendance to the conference and related workshops:
?330 pounds + VAT per day (Normal price ?550 + VAT)
?210 pounds + VAT per day for academics (Normal price ?350 + VAT).

Please let me know ASAP if you or your colleagues are interested in taking up the offer as we have only ten places available at this subsidised rate, which are allocated on a first come first served basis.  To book your place at any of the events please email me on Sara at unicom.co.uk or you can register online via our web site www.unicom.co.uk/gridcomputing (Please quote gridengine when booking to recieve the discounted price).

To receive further information on the conference or the workshops, please reply to this email, entering X in the box provided below [  ] next to the events of most interest and I will be delighted to send a .pdf brochure:

[  ] Web Services and the Grid conference, 24-25 May
[  ] Expanding Bandwidth, Data Integration: Technology and Business Benefits, 26 May
[  ] Semantic Web: Next Generation Web Services and Knowledge Management, 26 May
[  ] Distributed Computing: Technology Foundations for e-Science and Enterprise, 27 March

BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THE CONFERENCE ON 24-25 MAY:
The two-day conference provides an opportunity to understand and explore the potential of Grid Computing. It discusses how Grid Computing is fast expanding from academia into the business world and producing commercial benefits.

It explains how Grid Computing allows organisations to better utilize their own resources and to tap into the vast potential of those offered by the Internet in order to perform complex computing tasks faster.

By attending you have a unique opportunity to meet, exchange ideas with and learn from researchers, developers, vendors and users.

You will hear Grid Computing success stories from organisations such as Rolls Royce and QuinetiQ, the views of the major players in this marketplace including Microsoft, Oracle and IBM plus keynote presentations from Professor Ian Foster "the father of Grid Computing" and Tony Hey, Director of the UK's Core e-Science Programme.

PRESENTERS INCLUDE:
Ian Foster, Argonne National Labs, USA; Max Lemke, European Commission; Graham Hesketh, Rolls Royce plc; Tim Banks, IBM Hursley Lab; John Darlington, London e-Science Centre; Peter Brudenall, Simmons and Simmons Solicitors; Carl Taylor, QuinetiQ; Tony Hey, Director of the UK's Core e-Science Programme; Anthony Saxby, CTO, Microsoft; Guy Lonsdale and Jochen Finberg, NEC Europe; Jon Page, Oracle; Savas Parastatides, University of Newcastle upon Tyne; Alan Gould, BAE Systems Advanced Technology Centre.

The conference is chaired by John Davies, Manager, Next Generation Web Research, British Telecommunications plc.

EXHIBITION:
There is also a related exhibition alongside the conference where you can meet with key providers of solutions and services.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Please let me know me if I can be of further help or if you would like information on sponsorship or exhibition opportunities. There are also bursaries available to academics and research students. My telephone number is +44 (0) 1895 256 484; email: sara at unicom.co.uk

Please do not hesitate to forward this information to your colleagues who may be interested.

Kind regards,
Sara Batley
UNICOM Seminars Ltd
UNICOM R&D House