[GE users] maxujobs per user

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Thu Apr 8 15:21:30 BST 2004

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004, Sebastian Stark wrote:

> On Thursday 08 April 2004 15:53, Andreas Haas wrote:
> > sched_conf(5)
> >
> >   maxujobs
> >      The maximum number of jobs any user may have  running  in  a
> >      Sun  Grid  Engine  cluster  at  the  same  time. If set to 0
> >      (default) the users may run an arbitrary number of jobs.
> >
> > I believe this is exactly what you're asking for.
>
> Maybe I misunderstood but, doesn't maxujobs apply to *all* users? I have just
> one user out of 30 how should be restricted

Oh sorry ... I overread "specific" user.

The only way to accomplish this is to setup a global consumable
for restricted user that is to be requested with all jobs of such
users. If you got cooperative users then this might be feasable.
It can't be really enforced even though a corresponding qsub/qrsh
script wrapper might help users to not forget requesting the per
user consumable.

Cheers,
Andreas