[GE users] Window as SGE Submit host ?

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 10 01:16:59 BST 2004

--- Andrew Shewmaker <shewa at inel.gov> wrote:
> I followed those instructions and have succesfully
> submitted a couple of
> jobs.  I haven't put it in production yet and I have
> only tested qsub, qstat, and qhost.

I think this is the first BIG step :)

Most people need the client-side tools for job
submission and monitoring. Windows execution hosts are
nice but may be harder to admin than Unix boxes.

> The diffs were a little out of date for
> sge-V53p5_TAG-src.tar.gz, but I
> got it to compile.  I didn't make any new patches
> yet.

Can you clean up the code a bit and mail the diffs to
the dev list? I will try to check them into cvs.

I want to help too, but I have zero knowledge of
Windows and cygwin.

> BTW, Ian told me that he ended up writing his own
> system instead of using SGE.

Oh :(

If he told us what he needed, then may be he could
have used SGE instead -- and saved the duplicated
effort.

 -Ron