[GE users] Does SGE work with IBM/Rational ClearCase ?

Beadles, Jeff jeff_beadles at mentorg.com
Thu Apr 15 15:01:28 BST 2004

The heavyweight issue for me is the fact that I have to;

A)  use qmake.  (we use a patched version of gmake and I'd rather not have to patch something else)

B)  have some way to make sure that all of the systems used for the distributed compilation have the exact same configuration.  We have a mix of desktops & servers (hundreds of each) in our grid, and one different include file or system library could cause major failures in our builds.

We're using distcc, and have been very happy with it.  It only requires one 'gold' system to run the build process, and can use other systems as long as they have access to the same compiler.  (it does the preprocessing & linking locally)

Regards,
 -Jeff