[GE users] Reservations in 6.0

Sean Dilda agrajag at dragaera.net
Thu Apr 15 15:08:49 BST 2004

    [ The following text is in the "MISSING_PARAMETER_VALUE" character ]
    [ set. ]

Looking in the manpage for qsub in the 6.0 beta, I saw this:

       -R y|n Available for qsub, qrsh, qsh, qlogin and qalter.

              Indicates whether a reservation for this  job  should  be
done.
              Reservation  is  never  done  for immediate jobs submitted
using
              ???yes??? with -now option. Please note irrespective of the
reserva-
              tion  request job reservation might be disabled using
max_reser-
              vation in sched_conf(5) and might be limited only to  a
certain
              number of high prior jobs.

              By default jobs are submitted with -R n option.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what exactly is meant by a 'reservation'.
How does SGE handle a job with '-R y' as opposed to a job with '-R n'?

Thanks,

Sean