[GE users] Does SGE work with IBM/Rational ClearCase ?

T.J. Yang tj_yang at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 15 22:40:17 BST 2004

>From: "Beadles, Jeff" <jeff_beadles at mentorg.com>
>To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
>Subject: RE: [GE users] Does SGE work with IBM/Rational ClearCase  ?
>Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 07:01:28 -0700
>

>The heavyweight issue for me is the fact that I have to;
>
>A)  use qmake.  (we use a patched version of gmake and I'd rather not have
>to patch something else)

I still don't understand the main purpose of using  SGE/clearcase without
using QMAKE.
Especially modfied GMAKE(easier to read) to work with SGE.

We will only do this kind of effort if QMAKE can't do the
parallel/distributed make and
under the condition that we are asked to use SGE.

>B)  have some way to make sure that all of the systems used for the
>distributed compilation have the exact same configuration.  We have a mix
>of desktops & servers (hundreds of each) in our grid, and one different
>include file or system library could cause major failures in our builds.

I am less concern about this issue, our desktop & server have consistent
configuration.

>We're using distcc, and have been very happy with it.  It only requires one
>'gold' system to run the build process, and can use other systems as long
>as they have access to the same compiler.  (it does the preprocessing &
>linking locally)

Jeff, can you use distcc with Sun's workshop or HP's ANSIC C compiler ?