[GE users] External API for SGE?

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Tue Apr 20 13:30:38 BST 2004

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Williamson, Jay (John G) wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I see some documentation about there being an API for application
> integration into SGE in a future release, will SGE 6 include this API
> for application integration? If not, does anyone know what release this
> is planned for? We would like to make some of our internal applications
> SGE aware and want a stable API with which to work with.

The 6.0 release will come with a Grid Engine based
implementation of DRMAA C language binding. It's already
contained in the current 6.0 beta version you can download
through gridengine.sunsource.net. With regards to it's
extend DRMAA as contained in the beta is mostly complete
except README/examples that are missing so far.

> On a related note, does anyone have information regarding what Vendor
> applications are SGE aware? How about vendors that are planning on
> making their sw SGE aware?

Please note that SGE aware is not the right term. Being DRM-independent
DRMAA can be implemented and is implemented by other DRM vendors as
well (google for "DRMAA Condor"). For that reason one can expect lots
of ISVs to use DRMAA for generic DRM integration.

For more information on DRMAA see also www.drmaa.org.

Andreas