[GE users] Day/night/weekend?

Fred Youhanaie Fred.Youhanaie at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Apr 22 14:03:38 BST 2004

Hi John,

How about extending option 2 such that a single cron job runs, say,
every hour, and adjusts the h_rt for the queues according to the
following scheme:

	Time now		h_rt
	--------		----
	mon-fri 0700-1859	1 min
	mon-fri 1900-0659	time(7am the next day) - time_now
	sat-sun 0000-2359	time(sun 23:59) - time_now

This will stop users from submitting a 48 hour job on Sunday evening.

The downside is that users cannot submit a 20 hour job on Friday afternoon
before going home!

I would go for a combination of queues and a script to gently reduce
the h_rt, but resets the time to max at the end of the period, i.e. the
weekend queue becomes a 48 hour one on monday morning after being
disabled.

HTH

Cheers
f.
--
Fred Youhanaie		| Tel: +44 (0) 1865 283356
Cluster System Manager	| Fax: +44 (0) 1865 273275