[GE users] execd disappearing on Opteron/SuSE 9.0

Boone J. Severson severson at cray.com
Fri Apr 23 16:44:25 BST 2004

Greetings,

We're seeing execd crashes on a couple of our Opteron/SuSE 9.0 grid
machines. Mailing list searches came up with a similar case from last
summer, but replies only offered helpful suggestions (we're going to try
running execd in debug mode to see if that sheds some light on the
problem). I'm curious if this is a known problem with a workaround, or
if it's still just a minor annoyance. I should say that we're using
5.3p4, and if an upgrade would help we're all for it.

Thanks in advance for any responses,
Boone