[GE users] notes on building Grid Engine 6.0beta2 from CVS source for Mac OS X 10.3.3

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Sat Apr 24 23:52:16 BST 2004

{for what it's worth...}

The courtesy binaries for Mac OS X hosted on the gridengine website are
apparently built on a 10.2 based Apple machine. Ever since the project
started officially posting the binaries I've had good success using them
with the exception being I could rarely get the X11 GUI application
'qmon' to launch successfully.

I sat down today with a fresh CVS checkout of the sge-6.0beta2 source
code and managed to get everything built, installed and running on a
10.3.3 powerbook. The obligatory screenshot for this sort of thing can
be found at http://bioteam.net/dag/sge-6-screenshot.jpg

The notes kept during this process have been placed online at:
http://bioteam.net/dag/sge-6beta2-osx-buildnotes.html

Hope this helps someone or at least saves a bit of time!

Regards,
Chris