[GE users] Using Environment from ExecutionHost

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Aug 19 16:11:46 BST 2005

Josh,

so you have a collection of desktop machines, having all it's own
installation of SuSE and the applications in various locations. If you
could limit the custom setup to the SuSE suggested /etc/profile.local,
I'd suggest to use a custom starter_method, which will source this file.
The starter_method for the queue(s) in question could be something like:

#!/bin/sh
. /etc/profile.local
exec "$@"

Maybe you can put this starter_method in the $SGE_ROOT tree somewhere.

Cheers - Reuti