[GE users] Environment where job is submitted, which Variables are used?

Sebastian ChiefShadow at gmx.de
Thu Dec 1 10:06:06 GMT 2005

Hello,

i don't know which topic i should use, so if this topic is not clear, sorry.

But now the problem. We use a CAE-Software LS-DYNA from DYNAmore. Now we
have a license server, which is from DYNAmore and which manages the
available licenses.

We use the Middleware LAM/MPI for LS-DYNA, because of this we use the PE
like Reuti descriped it in his HowTo, this works really fine.

To contact the server, you have to set some varaibles before you start the
jobs.

the variables are:

export LSTC_LICENSE=network
export LSTC_LICENSE_SERVER=srv
export LSTC_INTERNAL_CLIENT=on
export LSTC_CLIENT_DEBUG=on

I made the following script for SGE to submit:

#!/bin/bash
#
#$ -pe lam* 3
#$ -e /scratch/testuser/error
#$ -o /scratch/testuser/out
#$ -S /bin/bash
#

export PATH=/opt/lsdyna:$PATH
export LSTC_LICENSE=network
export LSTC_LICENSE_SERVER=srv
export LSTC_INTERNAL_CLIENT=on
export LSTC_CLIENT_DEBUG=on

echo "Starting Job!"

/opt/lam706/bin/mpirun -c $NHOSTS /opt/lsdyna/mpp970
I=/scratch/testuser/Caravan-NCAP.k7 memory=200m memory2=50m >
/scratch/testuser/error.txt

echo "Job finished!"

The command between the two echos submit the LS-DYNA job.

But the job didn't really start, when i look in the file error.txt LS-DYNA
returns there is now license available, that means LS-DYNA can't contact the
server to reserv licenses, but there are some licenses available.

Because of this i made some test, i submitted a echo of the variables, first
with echo ... then i made an rsh-command with echo on each node.

But every time all variables are set.

Then i write a ping-command in the batchfile, to look if the license-server
is available, but this works well, too.

Now i don't know what to do, is there any possible solution why this problem
is?

I think something with the Environment or the way how the PE starts the
jobs.

Thx for help,

Kind Regards,

Sebastian

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f?r Mail, Message, More +++