[GE users] allow exec host to finish current jobs but not recieve any more queued up jobs

deet someword at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 01:10:03 GMT 2005

  Hello.
  I'm extremely new to grid engine but I have not been able to find this
answer in the docs or mailinsg list archives which could be because I dont
know the terminology for what I'm trying to do.

   We are using sge-6.0u6 (sles9 amd X86_64).   I have 1 master host and 24
execution hosts.    I have submitted a few hundred long running jobs into
the queue via qsub <command to run>.     I need to be able to pause/disable
an execution host while allowing the host  to finish it's currently assigned
jobs but have it not recieve anymore jobs for a period of time until I
reeanable it.     I've looked through qconf and the closest thing I could
come up with is delete an exec host (via qconf -de hostname) or via
modifying the allhosts host group (qconf -mhgrp @allhosts) then removing the
particular host.    I'm concerned that this is not the correct way to
achieve what I wish and if this will allow the jobs currently running to
execute or now.

   TIA.  Deet.