[GE users] allow exec host to finish current jobs but not recieve any more queued up jobs

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Fri Dec 2 03:53:59 GMT 2005

Hello,

You need to disable a queue (put it into state "d").

You can do this via "qmod -d" -- there is a good manpage ("man qmod")
for this command as well. ^C

The effect of disabling a queue will get you the behavior you need

  -- running jobs will not be altered or interferred with
  -- no new jobs will enter the queue

You can use this command on any queue instance ("qmod -d
<queue>@<machinename>"). The command should also allow the wildcard
('*') character for instances where you want to drain your entire
cluster in order to perform maintenance (such as "qmod -d '*'").

Regards,
Chris