[GE users] debugging mailer oddness on SGE 6

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 04:07:39 GMT 2005

I remember helping someone here on this list who was
encountering similar problems on MacOSX. But I could not find
the original mail discussion. (I think that was 2 yrs ago).

You can, however, use this script to log the parameters passed
to the mailer:

#!/bin/sh
echo $* >  /tmp/mailer.$$
/usr/bin/mail $*
echo "return code $?" >> /tmp/mailer.$$

1) the version above corrected a few typos, I sent the original
version in this mail:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=12137

2) The script doesn't log the contents of the email, but I
believe only the "to address" is the most important in most
cases.

 -Ron

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs