[GE users] reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de

Sebastian ChiefShadow at gmx.de
Fri Dec 2 13:20:35 GMT 2005

Hi,

the /scratch-dir is NFS-shared and the PC "srv" is reachable by a dns-entry.

But we have a solution, we use the option -V in the batch script and then it
works.

This option reconsiders the qrsh-command the set environment variables like
you did it in your qrsh command.

Thx, kind Regards,

Sebastian

> Hello,
>
> i don't know which topic i should use, so if this topic is not
> clear, sorry.
>
> But now the problem. We use a CAE-Software LS-DYNA from DYNAmore.
> Now we
> have a license server, which is from DYNAmore and which manages the
> available licenses.
>
> We use the Middleware LAM/MPI for LS-DYNA, because of this we use
> the PE
> like Reuti descriped it in his HowTo, this works really fine.
>
> To contact the server, you have to set some varaibles before you
> start the
> jobs.
>
> the variables are:
>
> export LSTC_LICENSE=network
> export LSTC_LICENSE_SERVER=srv
> export LSTC_INTERNAL_CLIENT=on
> export LSTC_CLIENT_DEBUG=on
>
> I made the following script for SGE to submit:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> #
> #$ -pe lam* 3
> #$ -e /scratch/testuser/error
> #$ -o /scratch/testuser/out
> #$ -S /bin/bash
> #
>
> export PATH=/opt/lsdyna:$PATH
> export LSTC_LICENSE=network
> export LSTC_LICENSE_SERVER=srv
> export LSTC_INTERNAL_CLIENT=on
> export LSTC_CLIENT_DEBUG=on
>

> echo "Starting Job!"
>
> /opt/lam706/bin/mpirun -c $NHOSTS /opt/lsdyna/mpp970
> I=/scratch/testuser/Caravan-NCAP.k7 memory=200m memory2=50m >
> /scratch/testuser/error.txt

at the first glance: is /scratch shared in the cluster?

Next: are all necessary environment variables also set, if you put
the command e.g.

set

in the jobscript to echo them? Depending on the shell, and how it is
started, not all of the choices .profile, .bashrc and .bash_login
will be sourced. Hence in a batch job they are unset, but they might
be set in your test with a simple rsh. The hostname in

LSTC_LICENSE_SERVER=srv

is just "srv" and known to the nodes by an entry in /etc/hosts and/or
DNS to the nodes?

Cheers - Reuti

Satte Provisionen f?r GMX Partner: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/partner