[GE users] free N1 GE??

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Fri Dec 2 22:42:07 GMT 2005

After completely failing to get ARCO wedged into a SGE-60s2 snapshot
running on a dual-core AMD box (dbwriter would not start because
libdraama.so was complaining about a file not found. Odd) ... This
was a quick attempt done on a server that I'm going to lose on Monday
anyway so I did not spend much time looking for a fix....

I took a wild stab at doing the same thing on my powerbook with a
version of SGE just built out of a CVS checkout. I figured it would
not work but I'd at least refresh my ARCO knowledge a little bit on a
friday afternoon.

Somewhat surprisingly, it worked perfectly (for dbwriter/ only so far)

I've got SGE 6.0u7 (cvs checkout of V60s2_BRANCH) running on my OS X
powerbook with postgresql-8.1.0 (also built from source) and the ARCO
dbwriter code from n1ge-6_0u4-arco.tar.gz all humming along. The
reporting file is getting written and processed,  the postgresql
database is getting data fed into it and it all seems to be working
fine from my simple SQL queries against the 'arco' database.

I'm going to see how far I can get with the sun web console and the
reporting tools,  but just getting dbwriter working with 60s2 on OS X
is pretty cool.

-Chris