[GE users] Stuck in pending

Mark Denni markdenni at comcast.net
Tue Dec 6 07:08:25 GMT 2005

We recently converted over to SGE 6.x and are trying to get used to
the new interface.  Someone else set up several machines using the all.q
queue, and there are users keeping most of the machines busy.

In order to test alternate configurations without interfering with the
users already using it, I set up some new hosts and configured them
so that they could only be used by a new userset of whom I was the
only member.  But when I run a job, it never goes beyond the pending
stage. The strange thing is that when I press the why button, I get no
information about why it doesn't run on the machines upon which I
expected it to run.  The only time they are mentioned is if I disable or
suspend their queues.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? I'm away from the system right
now, otherwise I would provide more details. But I wanted to get the
question out to you in case someone has a suggestion.

Thank you very much.

- Mark