[GE users] yet another commlib error

Michael Green mishagreen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 13:56:11 GMT 2005


    [ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-10" character set.  ]
    [ Some special characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]

On 12/6/05, Olesen, Mark <Mark.Olesen at arvinmeritor.com> wrote:

>
> The desperate and drastic solution was to remove all entries from the
> spool/qmaster/jobs/.. directory.

Eventually I did the same and it helped to eliminate one error, but
now I'm stuck at another:
<log>
12/06/2005 15:42:34|qmaster|gene1|E|missing configuration attribute "hostname"
12/06/2005 15:42:34|qmaster|gene1|E|cannot recreate queue all.q from
disk because of unknown host g2.biocl.weizmann.ac.il
12/06/2005 15:42:34|qmaster|gene1|I|read job database with 1 entries
in 0 seconds
12/06/2005 15:42:34|qmaster|gene1|I|qmaster hard descriptor limit is set to 8192
12/06/2005 15:42:34|qmaster|gene1|I|qmaster soft descriptor limit is set to 8192
12/06/2005 15:42:34|qmaster|gene1|I|qmaster will use max. 8172 file
descriptors for communication
12/06/2005 15:42:34|qmaster|gene1|I|qmaster will accept max. 99
dynamic event clients
12/06/2005 15:42:34|qmaster|gene1|I|starting up 6.0u6
12/06/2005 15:42:45|qmaster|gene1|I|controlled shutdown 6.0u6
</log>

I proceeded as Christian suggested and I think the following is
related to the error:
<code>
 1842  23256 1075267008 --> set_conf_string() {
  1843  23256 1075267008 <-- set_conf_string() ../libs/sgeobj/config.c 294 }
  1844  23256 1075267008 <-- read_host_work()
../libs/spool/classic/read_write_host.c 86 }
  1845  23256 1075267008 --> sge_log() {
  1846  23256 1075267008     ../libs/spool/classic/read_object.c 151
missing configuration attribute "hostname"
  1847  23256 1075267008 <-- sge_log() ../libs/uti/sge_log.c 516 }
  1848  23256 1075267008 <-- read_object()
../libs/spool/classic/read_object.c 155 }
  1849  23256 1075267008 <-- cull_read_in_host()
../libs/spool/classic/read_write_host.c 266 }
  1850  23256 1075267008 <-- sge_read_exechost_list_from_disk()
../libs/spool/classic/read_list.c 241 }
</code>

I went ahead and downloaded the source from CVS to have a peek at the
relevant source files, but my programming skills are pretty lame and
after 30 minutes of reading the code I couldn't figure it out and I
gave up.

Now if I start the /etc/init.d/sgemaster script I get both qmaster and
scheduler running but qstat -f  shows nothing.
--
Warm regards,
Michael Green

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net




More information about the gridengine-users mailing list