[GE users] qrsh, openssh & hanging jobs

Tue Dec 6 16:14:21 GMT 2005

Kirk,

Are you running Solaris 9?  If so, the answer appears to be either to
upgrade to Solaris 10 or to borrow the sshd from Solaris 10.

Daniel

Kirk Patton wrote On 12/06/05 17:01,:

>My interactive jobs are hanging when they are submitted using qrsh. I have my
>cluster configured to use openssh.  Sun support tells me this is an Openssh
>issue.
>
>I have not been able to reproduce the hang when using ssh outside of sge.  I
>am wondering if this is a common issue when using SGE and openssh, and how
>other are dealing with the problem.
>
>Thanks,
>Kirk

*        Daniel Templeton   UMPK18 x83749         *
*       Staff Engineer, Sun N1 Grid Engine        *
*   An "intellectual" is a man who takes more     *
* words than he needs to say more than he knows.  *
*                       -Dwight D. Eisenhower     *