[GE users] Bug in sge_schedd/sge_qmaster

Sebastian ChiefShadow at gmx.de
Wed Dec 7 15:21:02 GMT 2005

Hello,

i think i found a bug, so please help me.

First a short descprition:

I run the sge_schedd and sge_qmaster on a lx24_x64-machine, the sge_execd
are running on lx24_amd64-machines.

I integrated everey thing as written in Reuti's HowTo for LAM-Integration.

I made a local .bashrc for root/the sge-admin and the submittion-user on the
qmaster-node and the two execd-nodes, where i set the Source-Script for SGE
and LAM/MPI.

When i submit a simple job as user where the LAM-Enviroment should be
started and the command "lamnodes" should be executed, a error was reported,
because the Environment-Variables aren't take over.

I implemented an echo-command for the $PATH-Variable in the startlam.sh and
there the wrong entries were reported, not the entries which i made in the
.bashrc.

Now the question is, in which Environment is the startlam.sh-Script
submitted, it is told the PE as start_proc_args.

This step has a little bug or i'm the bug, because there the environment
isn't set as defined.

When i made a entry "#$ -V" in the job-script, all is made correct, but the
needed LAM-Structure isn't made, on the Slave-Nodes the LAM-Process is no
child of sge_execd eg. sge_sheperd.

Now how can i make this right or isn't there any possibility?

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Sebastian

+++ GMX - die erste Adresse f?r Mail, Message, More +++