[GE users] when a queue is full

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 00:37:31 GMT 2005

1) for the job execution time difference, can you use top,
vmstat, and/or iostat to find out what is going on in the
system? Are any of the SGE daemons running consuming the
processor?

2) if a queue instance (host) is full, it means all the job
slots are used up. If you have 2 CPUs, and 2 jobs are running on
the host, then SGE tells you that it is full.

 -Ron

http://mail.yahoo.com