[GE users] restricted queue setup

Sebastian Stark stark at tuebingen.mpg.de
Fri Dec 9 12:08:31 GMT 2005

On Friday 09 December 2005 12:36, Reuti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 09.12.2005 um 11:59 schrieb Sebastian Stark:
> > Would it be possible to have a an interactive (qlogin or qrsh)
> > cluster queue
> > that is allowed to execute a specific command only? I want to
> > enable users to
> > run a specific command on an arbitrary host but in a special queue.
>
> if you create a dedicated queue for this command, and put this
> special command in the starter_method of this queue and take all the
> parameters to this qrsh only as parameters to this special command,
> this should be possible. The users can't to anything else besides
> executing this command.

Okay thanks, that works. Now there's another little problem. qrsh tries to
detect if it should run in rlogin or in rsh mode by looking if there are any
arguments. However, it does not seem to detect arguments after "--".

I setup up stat.q with /usr/bin/top as the starter_method. Now, if I run

  qrsh -now no -l stat -- -b -n 1

it does not detect "rsh" mode drops me into a login session. I have to put an
empty argument before the "--" like this:

  qrsh -now no -l stat '' -- -b -n 1

Nasty?

-Sebastian

--
Sebastian Stark -- http://www.kyb.tuebingen.mpg.de/~stark
Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics