[GE users] qrsh problems

Dev dev_hyd2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 14:27:34 GMT 2005

  We have a parallel environment with 10 execution
hosts and 1 slot each on the hosts. We have two
complexes f1 and f2.

when we do a qrsh we get

qrsh  -verbose -pe pe_all 10 -l f1=20 -l f2=1
waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...timeout
(3 s) expired while waiting on socket fd 4

But when we do a qrsh as

qrsh -pe pe_all 10  things work

when we do

qrsh -l f1=10 -l f2=1 it works

But when we combine both it doesnt work.

but when we do

qrsh  -verbose -pe pe_all 5  -l f1=20 -l f2=1 things
work.

I am pretty sure that there are enough slots available
and enough resources available for the request to be
scheduled.

/Dev

http://mail.yahoo.com