[GE users] scheduler runs performance sge6.0u6 vs. sge6.0u7

Nicolas Joly njoly at pasteur.fr
Mon Dec 12 20:12:32 GMT 2005

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 08:43:29PM +0100, Reuti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is a really short schedule_interval. Did you try to set it to a
> minute or so and adjust the value of flush_submit_sec to one or two
> seconds instead (seems you are looking for an immediate scheduling)?

I thought i already tested this configuration. Just to be sure, i did
it again ... and it works as expected.

For now, we only have interactive jobs on this cluster (but i suspect
that in a few weeks we'll have to support some batch ...), and
immediate like scheduling is what we are indeed looking for.

Thanks a lot.

> >We are running a small cluster (14 nodes) of x86_64 machines running
> >CentOS 4.2 (RHEL clone). On this cluster, with SGE6.0u6, we have setup
> >a single cluster queue for interactive jobs only ... The
> >schedule_interval parameter is currently set to 00:00:01.
> >
> >This morning, we've updated to SGE6.0u7 without changing anything in
> >the configuration, and noticed that sched runs were much longer than
> >previously (3.12s >>> 0.12ss).
> >
> >I didn't noticed anything wrong except that all the jobs are now
> >staying in queue for about 3 second ...
[..]

--
Nicolas Joly