[GE users] IGetUlong error in my qstat -f

Michael Green mishagreen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 07:48:24 GMT 2005

On 12/14/05, Roland Dittel <Roland.Dittel at sun.com> wrote:

> In the sample below it seems you executed "qstat -j" without a job id?
> Is this a copy and paste error?

No, this is not an error. 'qstat -j' works and according to its man
page it's legitimate to run it without arguments:
<man quote>
  -j [job_list]
Prints either for all pending jobs or the jobs contained in job_list
various information. The  job_list can contain job_ids, job_names, or
patterns.
</man quote>

> Can you please source "$SGE_ROOT/util/dl.(c)sh", execute "dl 2" and
> rerun qstat with your options. Please send the output direct to me
> because I think this would be to huge for the list.

Surprisingly, after reaching my desk today morning, when I checked
'qstat -j' output, the error was gone! Too bad I didn't find time
yesterday to run qstat with debugging. Hopefully it was a glitch and
it won't crop up again, but if it does, I'll add relevant info to this
thread.

The output now reads like this:

bioinfo4:/srv/sciapp/R # qstat -j
scheduling info:            queue instance
"all.q at b3.biocl.weizmann.ac.il" dropped because it is full
                            queue instance
"all.q at b1.biocl.weizmann.ac.il" dropped because it is full
                            queue instance
"all.q at b4.biocl.weizmann.ac.il" dropped because it is full
                            queue instance
"all.q at b2.biocl.weizmann.ac.il" dropped because it is full
                            queue instance
"gcards.q at b2.biocl.weizmann.ac.il" dropped because it is overloaded:
np_load_avg=1.773750 (= 1.430000 + 0.50 * 2.750000 with nproc=1) >=
1.75

There could not be found a queue instance with suitable access permissions
        12

Job dropped because of job dependencies
        41,     44,     45,     46

Not all array tasks may be started due to 'max_aj_instances'
        12

--
Warm regards,
Michael Green