[GE users] Strange behaviour with '-sync y' (6.0u6)

Thu Dec 15 09:08:45 GMT 2005

Reuti wrote:

> Am 14.12.2005 um 14:44 schrieb Olesen, Mark:
>
>>> do you have "-w w" somewhere as default request? - Reuti
>>

>> Yes indeed. Removing '-w w' from common/sge_request seems to  correct
>> the
>> behaviour.
>> Now that I have an answer, is there also an explanation?
>> A simple read of qsub(1) would suggest that a warning would be
>> issued, but
>> not that the job should fail.
>

> Yes, this is somewhat strange. The "-w w" assumes an empty cluster,
> to check whether there is any chance to run in any queue at all. But
> this result then triggers the submission of a conventional batch job,
> and the -sync will be ignored. I'd suggest to file an issue. - Reuti

I would agree. That sounds like a bug. Thanks for submitting the issue.

Stephan

Sun Microsystems GmbH           Stephan Grell
Dr. Leo-Ritter-Str. 7           Software Engineer
93054 Regensburg                Phone: (+49 941)3075 226
Germany                         Fax:   (+49 941)3075 222
http://www.sun.com/grid         mailto:stephan.grell at sun.com