[GE users] Queue Selection order in qrsh

Thu Dec 15 09:12:40 GMT 2005

Hi Dev,

the queues are selected based on their load. The queue with the least
load gets the job. To do what you are looking for you will have
to change the load formular in the schedd conf. However, this
willl affect all job types. You cannot specify a load formular for
each job type.

Cheers,
Stephan

Dev wrote:

>Hi,
>
>   When doing a Qrsh with a -q option how do we
>determine the order in which queues are selected.
>
>Eg If I have three host groups grp1,grp2,grp3 each
>with a total of 6 slots. I would like to do a qrsh for
>6 slots with a soft request such that if I have 6 lots
>free in grp1 then I get those, or else if grp2 has 6
>slots free I get those or if grp3 has 6 slots free I
>get those. In case none of the groups have 6 slots
>free by themselves but combining the free slots in all
>the groups is 6 then I should get those.
>
>I was tring something like
>
>qrsh -pe pe_all 6 -soft -q all.q@@grp"[1-3:1]" but
>this didnt work out.
>
>Any ideas.
>
>/Dev

Sun Microsystems GmbH           Stephan Grell
Dr. Leo-Ritter-Str. 7           Software Engineer
93054 Regensburg                Phone: (+49 941)3075 226
Germany                         Fax:   (+49 941)3075 222
http://www.sun.com/grid         mailto:stephan.grell at sun.com