[GE users] "cannot execute binary file"

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Dec 16 10:38:50 GMT 2005

Am 16.12.2005 um 09:47 schrieb Paul Smith:

> Reuti wrote:
>>> Is there a 64bit issue?
>> None that I'm aware of. But let's try this:
>> qrsh -verbose env a.out
>> Is this working? - Reuti
>
> Afraid not.
>
>> -bash-2.05b$ qrsh -verbose env a.out
> waiting for interactive job to be scheduled ...
> Your interactive job 10260 has been successfully scheduled.
> Establishing /gridware/sge/utilbin/lx26-amd64/rsh session to host
> maxwell-a27-mpi ...
> head: cannot open `env' for reading: No such file or directory

The "head" seems to look whether the first line gives the interpreter
for this script. This is usually a full path. As the standard-env
isn't found: is the default $PATH not appropriate for your system?
One of these two is working? Which Linux type? Is the "/etc/
ld.so.conf" on the nodes containing all necessary paths to the libs?
Can you try to compile your a.out as statically linked program and
try with a full path /home/blabla/a.out?

qrsh echo \$PATH
qrsh /bin/echo \$PATH

/scratch/5540.1.login:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/bin:

-- Reuti