[GE users] 6.0u4 qmaster crashing

Fri Dec 16 12:56:26 GMT 2005

Hi Mike,

if you set one of the dl levels, the deamons will run as normal
programmes. Through
you cannot use the startup script to start the qmaster.

What you will need to to is to:
- have a running system
- kill the qmaster: qconf -km
- become root or sge_admin
- source default/common/settings.csh
- enable the debug mode: dl 1
- start the qmaster: bin/<arch>/sge_qmaster

What is your current log level set to? You can set
log_debug to get more information on what is going on.

Cheers,
Stephan

Mike Brown wrote:

> I'm wondering the best way to debug the qmaster.  It seems that when I
> try to set the debug level, only the qmaster (but not schedd) starts.
> Are there any other suggestions besides reading this output?  I'm
> running 6.0u4 and noticing the qmaster dying every few days.  Nothing
> serious appears in the schedd or qmaster output.  I've upgraded to
> 6.0u7 in case that will fix anything, but may still need to debug.
> Thanks!
>
> Mike

Sun Microsystems GmbH           Stephan Grell
Dr. Leo-Ritter-Str. 7           Software Engineer
93054 Regensburg                Phone: (+49 941)3075 226
Germany                         Fax:   (+49 941)3075 222
http://www.sun.com/grid         mailto:stephan.grell at sun.com