[GE users] "cannot execute binary file"

Paul Smith pas50 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Dec 19 15:40:37 GMT 2005

Reuti wrote:
>> Am I right in thinking that a job will be run under the environment
>> given by the environment file in the jobs spool directory?
>> For instance
>> /gridware/sge/default/spool/maxwell-a13-grid/active_jobs/10348.1/
>> environment has
>

> yes, but I think the problem is before setting all this stuff for the
> binary already. Is the NFS static or using any automount facility?

Thankyou for all your efforts. I think I have found it having looked at
each stage of the process stack for rnning the jobs.
My colleague had inserted a local_starter script to get more debugging
of jobs. He had assumed only a script and not a binary could have got
there. This assumption seems to have been true until I tried to do tight
binding.

Thanks again,

Paul