[GE users] SGE6.0u6: qselect, qhost and load sensor values ...

Tue Dec 20 09:28:47 GMT 2005

a couple comments inbetween.

Stephan

Wilfried Gänsheimer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have upgraded to SGE6.0u6 recently (Linux, Opteron, Solaris;
> courtesy binaries;
> classic spooling). So far everythings works as expected.
>
> But there are some differences with the handling  of  load sensor
> reported values  (strings),
> which we use extensivly:
>
> 1. qselect -l foo=bar
> ignores hosts that report the correct value. Though there is no
> problem with
> requesting such resources and scheduling. I just don't get qselect to
> also list these hosts
> (e.g. one resource is "distribution", which is something like "RHEWS3").
> To get matching hosts/queues, I have to use "qhosts", but that does
> not really help
> (in case several resources are combined).

This was discussed for some time. I think. And I do not think, that it
worked before. A qselect
assumes an empty cluster for its selects, which means that it throws
away all load values. I think
that we do have an RFE for it. If not, you might want to file one.

> 2. qhost -l foo=bar
> also reports the "global" and hosts, that are currently down (with " -
> - -") and so report no
> value at all. That issue is more a nuisance.

Try u7. If it is not fixed there, than you found a new bug.

> 3. Setting a default value for (re)string values is not possible. In
> 5.3 there was a default value,
> which is gone?

Yes, we removed default requests for none consumables in 6.0. Do do the
same in 6.0
you will need to use the global request file.

> 4. qstat -F -q all.q at foo
> does not find the queue instance "all.q at foo". Adding a * does work:
>  qstat -F -q all.q at foo\*
>
> I have searched the mail list, but haven't found anyone else reporting
> the same issue.
> Did I find a bug?
>
> Thanks, bye
> Wilfried

Sun Microsystems GmbH           Stephan Grell
Dr. Leo-Ritter-Str. 7           Software Engineer
93054 Regensburg                Phone: (+49 941)3075 226
Germany                         Fax:   (+49 941)3075 222
http://www.sun.com/grid         mailto:stephan.grell at sun.com