[GE users] np_load_avg too low

Roch Belisle roch at island.ca
Tue Dec 20 18:57:08 GMT 2005

Hello,

I'm currently having problems with the load average on 2-cpu Itanium
nodes.  Whether I submit jobs for 1 or 2 CPU's the load average never
goes above 1.  This is understandable for a single cpu machine but when
I have jobs running on 2 cpu's the load average should be much
higher (~2).  This also prevents me from queueing other jobs if the load average is
> 1.  How can I change the "max" load average so that my nodes can get
utilized to the fullest when submitting non-parallel jobs.

Thanks

Roch