[GE users] A "do not disturb" flag for low prio jobs?

Stefan.O.Nordlander at astrazeneca.com Stefan.O.Nordlander at astrazeneca.com
Wed Dec 21 14:54:39 GMT 2005

Hey,

I was just asked if there is a way to make SGE aware that a job is currently
in a "sensitive" state and shouldn't be suspended. Lets say you have 56
normal priority queues and they're all full. Then a job with higher priority
comes along and ends up on node 050. However, the original job on node 050
just sent away a web request to a database/whatever and if that process gets
interrupted the job will fail once resumed.

Is there a way to solve this? The chance of it happening is remote, but
still, it's there and we'd like to prevent it if possible. A "Do Not
Disturb" flag that could be set prior to sending the database request and
then released when it's done would be an alternative I guess. But is it
possible?

Thanks, and a merry x-mas!
/Stefan