[GE users] qsub: Unable to run job: job x rejected because authentication failed (no credentials supplied)

Duc Bao Ta ta at physik.uni-bonn.de
Thu Dec 22 16:46:05 GMT 2005

Hallo,

I have compiled the lastest version of SGE (from cvs) with gss support.
I would like to use SGE with Kerberos Ticket Forwarding, so that with
the execution of the job the job gets access to our AFS.
According to several previous messges I removed the "PROTOTYPE" macro
wrapper in the security/gss/sge_gsslib.c", compiled with "./aimk -gss"
and set the "security_mode" parameter to kerberos.

Now, whenever I submit a job with qsub I get the following message:
Unable to run job: job x rejected because authentication failed (no
credentials supplied). In the log file
(..../$SGE_CELL/spool/qmaster/messages) I only get "could not store
credentials for job 3 - command "/opt/sge/utilbin/lx26-x86/put_cred"
failed with return code -1" as a hint.
The log of my KDC says the there was a sucessfull authentification for a
krbtgt.

Has anyone experienced similar problems? Is this problem related to some
settings or is it something in the source code or even in the installation?

Thank you
Duc