[GE users] PATH problems with grid engine 6

Brady Catherman bradyc at uidaho.edu
Fri Nov 18 04:58:10 GMT 2005

We are a few weeks out on a total upgrade from 10.3 to 10.4. I want
to just start completely over and build everything from scratch.. our
current setup is a few years of stuff piled on top of a really bad
BioTeam installation. I would like to get a clean setup going and
actually have a chance of performance tuning our scheduler a bit. We
are as default as default can be and thats most likely the worse
configuration for us. We have users that submit 10k jobs that run for
30 seconds to 1 minute all back to back, and others that submit 10
that run for days, if not weeks. I would like to also setup some kind
of priority queue system. We where also thinking of merging our grid
engine installs all together across our clusters and Solaris boxes. I
really need to play with SGE a bit to figure out how it works. Im
much better with OpenPBS so SGE has been a bit of a mindset change
for me =)