[GE users] new approach to FLEXlm license integration - The "Olesen Method" - code & draft docs available

Andreas Haas Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM
Fri Nov 18 14:05:35 GMT 2005

Dear Chris,

even though I haven't had a chance to do a detailed review,
I must say I'm really impressed of Mark's (and your) work.
I uploaded qlicserver-1.14.1.tar.gz to the projects download
area as you proposed and added at first a related link from

   http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/howto.html

with regards to thinkable further development of qlicserver I
talked with Mark. The open issue was whether it would be possible
for qlicserver snapshots to become part of Grid Engine distributions
in order to make it easier deployable for anyone and Mark said
that is no problem in principle. My thinking is this should be
advantageous also for you as a wide spreading of it broadens
your base and at the same time make qlicserver easier to support.

At that occasion we also added two links to

   http://gridengine.info

and

  http://gridengine.info/wiki

from gridengine.sunsource.net's left naviagtion bar to make it
more visible for anyone.

Kind regards,
Andreas

Sun Microsystems GmbH       |            ++49 +941 3075-131
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7       |                N1 Grid Engine
D-93049 Regensburg/Germany  | System Engineering Group Lead