[GE users] MPICH2 tight integration with SGE

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Apr 4 20:09:21 BST 2006

Am 04.04.2006 um 17:55 schrieb Goncalo Borges:

> Dear All,
> I'm trying to integrate MPICH2 with SGE following the instructions
> available in
>
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/project/gridengine/howto/mpich2-
> integration/mpich2-integration.html
>
> I'm specially interested in configuring the smpd startup method in
> its daemon
> and daemonless configurations. Nevertheless, a first approach has
> showed
> that rsh is extensively used.

This was on the list some time before: you can disable any system-
rshd, and SGE will use a private one for each qrsh call - if you have
a Tight Integration. You can also use ssh, but then you get wrong
accounting (http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/
qrsh_qlogin_ssh.html) until one of the next followup releases of SGE,
which will also include also this feature.

Are your nodes public to the Internet?

-- Reuti