[GE users] MPICH2 tight integration with SGE

goncalo at lip.pt goncalo at lip.pt
Tue Apr 4 23:42:36 BST 2006

> This was on the list some time before: you can disable any system-
> rshd, and SGE will use a private one for each qrsh call - if you have
> a Tight Integration. You can also use ssh, but then you get wrong
> accounting (http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/
> qrsh_qlogin_ssh.html) until one of the next followup releases of SGE,
> which will also include also this feature.

I think this is really an issue to the developers since rsh was really abandoned
 due to its unsecure operating mode. ssh is now currently used in 100% of all
the sites that I'm aware.

> Are your nodes public to the Internet?

Our cluster makes part of a world wide grid (LCG).
The majority of sites from this grid uses PBS and we are trying to study how SGE
behaves. From this, you can understand how security is important for us...

Cheers
Goncalo