[GE users] qmon broken on CENTOS3 system after SGE6.0u7_1 upgrade

Dr R L Oswald L.Oswald at cranfield.ac.uk
Fri Apr 7 10:49:05 BST 2006

We have been happily using 6.0u6 under CENTOS3.6 (RHEL3u6) but SunAlert advised
us to upgrade because of the potential rsh exploit.

The upgrade passed without event but we now have an issue in that qmon is
broken. What happens is that we get a series of messages:

qmon: Symbol `_XmStrings' has different size in shared object, consider
re-linking
Warning: Cannot convert string "$interface" to type FontStruct
Warning: Cannot convert string "intro" to type Pixmap
Warning: Cannot find callback list in XtAddCallback
Warning: Cannot convert string "toolbar_job" to type Pixmap
Warning:
    Name: MainControl
    Class: XmMainWindow
    Cannot change visual policy after initialization.
etc etc

The qmon GUI window displays reduced to a small rectangle bearing labels
"cascade0" & "cascade1" but is unusable.
We also had to insert soft link to /usr/X11R6/lib/libXm.so.2 to make it appear
thus.

I think the last time we saw this, we had to rebuild SGE6 from source on the
target system & re-install to get qmon back.

Any suggestions other than the last one above please ?

Regards

Les Oswald

    [ Part 2: "Attached Text" ]