[GE users] Queue configuration question.

Baudilio Tejerina tejerina at chem.northwestern.edu
Tue Apr 11 00:18:41 BST 2006

Hi Reuti,

Can you please give an example of your alternative a) below?

> a) define one PE for each queue with similar names and request the
> PE with a wildcard

If I understand you well, I should define a PE named
'thnis_buckyball' like:

pe_name       thnis_buckyball
slots             999
user_lists        NONE
xuser_lists       NONE
start_proc_args   NONE
stop_proc_args    NONE
allocation_rule   $pe_slots
control_slaves    TRUE
job_is_first_task FALSE
urgency_slots     min

and then use it in the parameter 'pe_list' on the queue of the same
name 'buckyball'.

.... and repeat a similar procedure for all the queues.

Then, submit a job with "qsub    -pe thnis_*    2      myjob"

Is this what you mean in a)?

Thanks,

Baudilio