[GE users] failed assumedly before job:can't write script file

Simon Gao gao at schrodinger.com
Thu Apr 20 22:14:18 BST 2006

I have one user's job repeatedly failed on our SGE cluster with
following error:

job 180271 caused action: Queue "all.q at node-0-11.local" set to ERROR
 User        = jim
 Queue       = all.q at node-0-11.local
 Host        = node-0-11.local
 Start Time  = <unknown>
 End Time    = <unknown>
failed assumedly before job:can't write script file "job_scripts/180271" wrote only -1 of 3371433 bytes: Bad address

Also this user's jobs walked over each available node and caused ERROR
state and then moved on to next one. Other users don't any problem
running jobs from the same nodes.

Anyone has any idea?

Simon Gao