[GE users] SGE 6.0u7 Installation error

Richard Ems r.ems at gmx.net
Sun Apr 23 19:05:34 BST 2006

Hi list!

While trying to install SGE 6.0u7 on a SuSE Linux 8.2 master node I get
the following error:

Grid Engine qmaster and scheduler startup

Starting qmaster and scheduler daemon. Please wait ...
   starting sge_qmaster
   starting sge_schedd
error: getting configuration: denied: host "obrfs01.obr" is neither
submit nor admin host
critical error: scheduler already running
daemonize error: child exited before sending daemonize state
Hit <RETURN> to continue >>

After the installation finishes, I can't add any hosts because the
master isn't recognized as an admin host:

denied: host "obrfs01.obr" is no admin host

File permissions were set using util/setfileperm.sh .

Any clues?

Thanks, Richard