[GE users] SGE 6.0u7 Installation error

Krzysztof Wilk chris at gridwisetech.com
Mon Apr 24 16:59:46 BST 2006

Hi Richard,

> error: getting configuration: denied: host "obrfs01.obr" is neither
> submit nor admin host
> critical error: scheduler already running
> daemonize error: child exited before sending daemonize state
> Hit <RETURN> to continue >>
>

> After the installation finishes, I can't add any hosts because the
> master isn't recognized as an admin host:
>
> denied: host "obrfs01.obr" is no admin host
Did you set master host and at least one admin host during configuration?

If not, I suggest installing SGE again.

It might be possible to hack the existing installation to change these
setting, but reinstallation is much easier.

Best,
Chris
Chris Wilk                            chris.wilk at gridwisetech.com
Consultant

GridwiseTech                          office/fax: +48 12 294 71 20