[GE users] qsub -cwd and SLES 9.0 and a bit of DRMAA

Dev dev_hyd2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 24 21:34:32 BST 2006

HI,

   I think this should have been answered somewhere
before. I tried searching for it but couldn't get to
it.
When I use -cwd with qsub why does my PWD always get
reset to the HOME directory and not to the directory
from which I try to run the job? This is on SLES 9.0.

when I try to submit the job script

echo $PWD ( contents of test.sh )

using qsub -cwd test.sh I get the out as my $HOME and
not the dir from which I'm running qsub.

Does this in any way effect jobs submitted using DRMAA
with the nativespecification set as -b no -shell yes ?

On the other hand if I have my script as

#$ -s /bin/sh
#$ -cwd
echo $PWD

things seem to work fine.

is it something to do with whats being set in
/etc/bash.bashrc of SLES 9.0 ?

/Dev

http://mail.yahoo.com