[GE users] Modeling to Justify Improved Hardware (ARCO?)

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 09:02:32 BST 2006

I don't know what ARCO can do or cannot do - I know it is free,
but I just don't have the time to play with it... YET!

However, I don't recall reading ACRO being able to do "what if"
analysis. Like, what if I have 2X more nodes, or what if I have
nodes that are 50% faster.

More importantly, if software license (or any consumables) is
the blocking factor, we should be able to ask ACRO: "if I add 20
more licenses, what would the total urnaround time of my jobs
be?"

 -Ron

http://mail.yahoo.com