[GE users] No Summer of Code, but...

Bernard Li bli at bcgsc.ca
Thu Apr 27 10:23:49 BST 2006

Hi Ron:

It's too bad that Sun Grid Engine weren't able to be a mentoring organization this year - I thought it would be pretty cool to have another HPC-related project participating in SoC - well, perhaps next year (or season :-) ).

Anyways, currently the SGE package (product of last year's SoC) is in trunk and if there are students who are interested in extending it - I will be happy to be your mentor.  Some ideas along those lines:

- SGE portal integration with OSCAR
- Ganglia Job Monarch support
- Accounting (port MyPBS to work with SGE?)
- Some DRMAA stuff would be cool too

If you have an idea, just let us know - we will be posting our official bounties very very soon :-)

Thanks,

Bernard