[GE users] No Summer of Code, but...

Rayson Ho rayrayson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 17:59:07 BST 2006

This year's summer of code is a bit of a mess - at the very beginning,
they accepted way too many mentors (like over 60 projects in the first
few days), and then they moved the cutoff day quietly to reduce the
number of mentor applications...

For the past week, they only added around another 10 - I strongly
believe that there are many people who did not know that the cutoff
day got moved quietly, and I believe there are many good ones that got
rejected because they already have so many projects accepted, and they
ran out of funding.

Since SoC is free, I shouldn't complain to much :p

Rayson